Outdoor Research - Rocky Mt low gaiters - product review

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the Bean site to check out of curiosity on a version I saw the other day (BugOut - they're tan, not black and have insect repellent in the fabric). I often check the reviews and came upon the following. I'm sure glad I hike around here - else I'd have to sue Mother Nature for the pain and suffering encountered if I forget my gaiters. :D

I ordered these gators to go on Safari in both South Africa and New Zealand. They worked perfect and prevented much pain and suffering do the the many thorns and sharp grass that covers these countrie. I hate to think of the pain and suffering that would have occured without them. I highly recommend this product

Will, I too have had the tabs shred, though it seems to have no effect on the use of the gaiter, though I would rather the snap. But yeah, the old style IMHO were far superior to the new design. Wish they had not tampered with what worked so well. Guess I will se what OR has to say when they reply back to my email.

Brian

I too have had the tabs shred
I called Outdoor Research about it, and was led to believe they had never heard of the problem. I was never offered any assistance other than being advised to send them back to Campmor (which I did not do; it wasn't _Campmor's_ fault the things were shoddy).

Last edited: