Owl's Head, July 25-26, 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another wonderful trip report Trish. Can't believe that this is #44 already for you guys. Fantastic! I was thinking about you guys while we were on Mt Washington the day you started and again while we were hiking through the Pemi and looking down on Owl's Head from Bondcliff. So glad it was a good trip and seeing Alex's smiling face at the end makes me continue to shake my head about her. Just amazing. I'm sure it's not going to be long before the last 4 are in the books...

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but the moose in the picture in Rocket21's post looks identical to the poor dead fellow I almost tripped over on the trail on Saturday. Too bad for the moose. Definately ranked dead last in my encounters with woodland creatures.

Well...a nice close-up lesson on the goings-on in the forest. The passing of the moose means life for others, perhaps a pack of hungry coyotes or a family of bears.

happy trails :)

Well...a nice close-up lesson on the goings-on in the forest. The passing of the moose means life for others, perhaps a pack of hungry coyotes or a family of bears.

happy trails :)

I admire your ability to look at it that way. I wish I could. I just end up getting sad and then pissed off at Nature, and then I start wishing there's a Moose Heaven somewhere (and I'm agnostic). :eek:

I do wish I could see it all as the circle of life that it is. Difficult though.

Trish & Alex - you guys (gals to be technically correct, if that matters) really rock! I love your reports and adventures - happy trails to you!