peakbag Everest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dying too young.

These 60-something dead on Everest are tragic due to the young age of the victims and the uselessness of the reason. I plan on remaining active and bushwhacking remote Maine peaks well into my nineties.

Last edited:
my uncle Zan climbed mt kilimanjaro(19340) for the second time when he was 71. In the fall of 1983, at the age of 77, he went hut hopping up to 13000 feet in the austrian alps, prior to his triple bypass surgury coming up. that memorial day, two months after the surgery, he hiked into tuckermans to see the skiers. he didn't go up to the alpine garden like usual because, in his words 'i didn't want to overdo it'. i figure ill be the same way. hiking everest at 63 is ok in my book. however, that being said, these guided trips up everest are certainly killing people needlessly, young or old, male or female, sherpa or non sherpa.

<moderator hat on>
This thread was revived from the dead after a year and a half. Please don't reopen old threads unless there's new information related to the topic at hand, and with a thread this old it's probably better to start a new one and refer to the old one by link.

Thanks,

-dave-
<moderator hat off>

Status
Not open for further replies.