Perfect Weather and New Camera Katahdin, Hamlin Peak 09/20/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jazzbo, glad you're enjoying the camera. There's nothing like having a new toy to play with. Question: you were able to insert your photos into your post, and you store your pictures on smugmug. This is the first time I've ever seen a smugmug user insert photos into a post. I've tried several times (and heard other smugmug users talk about it) without success. Any special procedures? I know HOW to insert a pic into a thread, that's not the issue. The issue is that, until now, I didn't think smugmug users COULD do it. I quoted one of your posts to check out the insert image syntax. Looked normal. Anything extra that you had to do? Thanks.

Jimmy

I'm still relatively new to Smugmug. The way to insert pics into Forum is to have Smugmug open and the album you want to embed pictures from open at same time you are writing your TR in VFTT. When you have a IMAGE you want to insert, pull down the tab that says "SHARE" and you will see a list of chices one of which is "GET A LINK". Click on that one. You will get a set of tabs. I just now noticed I've been using the wrong tab. Click on tab that says "embeddable links". Pick from group entitled FORUMS and then pick size image you want. Click "COPY". Then go back to VFTT and TR. Click on "INSRT IMAGE". Paste into the popup. Here is a sample. Only I just noticed doing it this way image includes IMG in brackets which seems to enable readers to click directly to my Smugmug album. I don't know why that happened. Previously I've been using the first tab "PHOTO LINKS" and didn't gt the IMG in backets around the images. Don't understand this. Anyway I hope I've helped you get to first base anyway.

13910248_5ptZL
[/url][/IMG]

Why not try embedding a photo from your Smugmug album in this thread just for drill ....

Last edited:
Why not try embedding a photo from your Smugmug album in this thread just for drill ....
Or you can reply and test the link by previewing the post without submitting the post. You should also be able to do the same by starting a new thread.

However, you may have access permissions that another viewer may not have. You will have to submit the post if you want to see if others have access.

Doug

Further experiments in inserting images

Here is test where I just use the "Embeddible Link" of Smug Mug all by itseld without using the VFTT "Insert Image". I don't get the IMG in brackets, but image is still clickable and takes reader directly to Smug Mug? I think I prefer to use "Photo Links" tab in Smug Mug. Hey! I hijacked my own thread.

Last edited:
...Why not try embedding a photo from your Smugmug album in this thread just for drill ....

Well, in keeping with the Baxter State Park theme...

431896406_dqp9U-L.jpg

An embarrassment of riches at Sandy Stream Pond

Thanks for the help Jazzbo. And thanks again to Amicus who provided help via PM.

End of hijack.

Back to Jazzbo's TR and photos...