Photo annual extravaganza

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a shot from the swiss alps. This was taken last October on a loop hike from Wengen, over Manlichen. The Jungfrau glacier is just to the left of this photo, with the Eiger North face a little further east of there.

Then there was this one on Algonquin Peak Dec 30 last year. Gives a feel for what it can be like above treeline on a winter day.

Tony

Last edited:
Here is one of my favorite. The register that morning had only one person signed in before me, I was following Pin Pin. These are the first recorded tracks of the elusive animal.

Another image shows the success of our efforts in the mountains. Here is my friend Carol celebrating her 46th!

This makes it all the more special. (l-r, Sherpa, me (Ed), Carol, and Lyle).

Last edited:
Ridgerunner said:
Heck you can even post pics on kayaking...not that I care but I am sucking up to Darren.
;)

If I post some mountain biking shots too, does that make me a triple-suck-up?!

Great shots, everybody. I say we pool our collective talent and open VFFT Studios. We'll make a killing selling landscape shots!

I built this page to post my favorite photos for my parents to check out after each trip I've taken this year. Funny, they stopped looking at it after the photo of the underground nuclear missle silo...

Anyway, here's 2004 for me, but the year ain't over yet!

http://www.exploretheeast.com/favorites

(I wouldn't have been able to narrow it down to less than 6 favorites anyway! :) )

Well, I haven't been to Peru or the Swiss Alps or even the White Mtns. lately, but here is a photo of a very nice mountain nearly in my backyard - a view of Tumbledown Mtn from Little Jackson Mtn taken a week or so ago.

Tumbledown Mtn

Last edited:
Turnbill said:
Well, I haven't been to Peru or the Swiss Alps or even the White Mtns. lately, but here is a photo of a very nice mountain nearly in my backyard - a view of Tumbledown Mtn from Little Jackson Mtn taken a week or so ago.

Tumbledown Mtn
Absolutely beautiful! I love the northeast in the fall...

All of these photos are great, thanks everyone!

Tony

Comments so far

1. Exlore the East : your pics are awesome ! What camera do you use ?
2. TurnBill : ditto. Your themes are right on.
3. ADK4487 : Pin Pin tracks ? I think not ! No showshoes!
4. Global warming is changing the alpine environment so fast. Some pics really illustrate that very well.
5. I am heading to Tumbledown this w/e.
6. I want to climb Licancabur in Bolivia and see the pink flamingos.

Last edited:
Re: Comments so far

Ridgerunner said:
1. Exlore the East : your pics are awesome ! What camera do you use ?

Thanks RR, I alternate back and forth between my high-risk camera (higher probability that it might get destroyed by me falling on it, dropping it in water, running it over with my bike, etc.), a Powershot G3, and the lower-risk camera, a Powershot Pro1 (for most nice weather hiking trips).

The cameras help, but I prefer to think that I pick really beautiful places to visit. :D

What would be really cool is to make a VFTT photo book. We can put each members best shot into it, kind of like a high School year book but just pictures. Wonder how hard that would be and cost. That would be really cool if it was doable.

snowshoe said:
What would be really cool is to make a VFTT photo book. We can put each members best shot into it, kind of like a high School year book but just pictures. Wonder how hard that would be and cost. That would be really cool if it was doable.

With bio's for each photographer, kind of like the avatars and info here? And proceeds to TBTS?

That would be very cool.

- darren

ps: this shot of Lake Louise would probably be my photo