Photos - things that slither

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LR, not only are they protected, but 'collectors' sit by a den and wait for them to come out in the spring and wipe out a densite thats been there for thousands of years. Those collectors look for information on Timber sightings on the internet. Then collect or trade them. And due to fear of snakes, they've been hunted and killed, reducing their range substantially. Photos posted here so folks who haven't encountered them can see what beautiful creatures they are. Shy and retiring with no interest in harming things they can't swalllow(us).
Many of us walk within feet of them on our hikes and never know they are hidden nearby.

Last edited:
Nice pictures. I thought this was going to be a thread on Snake pictures. Anyway, here's one that I spied on the trail to Mt. Adams. In the vicinity of the rangers cabin.

Attachments

• Mt Adams 8.26.07 005.jpg
    Mt Adams 8.26.07 005.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 188
Wow, beautiful!

I saw a juvenile milk snake (lampropeltis triangulum) a few days ago at Bradbury Mountain State Park. I was running and didn't have a cam with me, but I posted a pic on my blog of a similar one. It was very small and had a really beautiful, unique pattern. They are quite rare so it was a nice surprise. http://trekforpeace.blogspot.com/2012/05/5202012-lampropeltis-beautimonious.html