photos

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayjay

Reaction score
I'm trying to post pictures with my comments and haven't figured it out. Anyone up for a step by step explaination of getting photos from Windows Vista to a post? Language in WV for Dummies too complicated. How about using the language found in Windows for One Celled Creatures?

For small images (limited to 107K, which is fairly small) you can attach files to your post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the Submit and Preview buttons. You'll need to crop/resize your images since nearly all digital cameras will produce files much bigger then that. I won't go into details since I don't know what software you have; tell us that and we can give more detailed instructions. But we don't encourage people to attach many images this way, it puts a burden on the VftT server.

Instead, we encourage people to host their images elsewhere (like webshots.com or smugmug.com) and link to them. To do that, once you've uploaded your images to a hosting site you use the [ IMG ] tags around your photo, like this:

[ IMG ] http://www.hikethewhites.com/wyoming/bigsandy/medium/bct05.jpg [ /IMG ] but remove the spaces
bct05.jpg