Pierce and Eisenhower via Crawford Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewb

Reaction score
Pierce and Eisenhower via Crawford Path

Date of Hike:Wed, February 25, 2009

Trail Conditions: Wet packed powder

Special Equipment Required: Snowshoes

Comments:

Prior comments of Crawford very accurate. Wednesday was a phenomenal day for hiking! It was very warm and forgetting my sunscreen, everyone at work thought I was at a tanning salon yesterday. Met many new faces that day, good to meet you all! We broke from Pierce summit south for about 0.1 mile towards the hut but quickly realized two people would never make it through the 5 foot drifts without an ordeal to end all ordeals. Jackson will wait for another day.

A side note: the Webster-Jackson trail is broken out, but no idea how far up. We met a solo hiker at 830 am intent on climbing up there who started thru unbroken snow. We checked the trailhead at 4 pm and it looked like more than one round tripper had been on it that day.

I must give more info on RickB's skier comment. The skier passed us going downhill on Crawford Path that afternoon. He did *not* descend Edmunds. He said the snow was up to his ears. Instead we watched him with envy as he glided easily down the gentle Crawford path and quickly out of sight.

Your name: andrewb

Your E-mail address: bigelow.andrew )gmail(