Please suggest a NH 4k I can complete before 1:26PM.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cannon is OK but I prefer the Kinman Ridge Trail from the ski area. I'm always impressed by the views of the Franconia Ridge from atop Cannon Cliffs. I like it better than the view from the actual summit.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure other people will have differing opinions.

Glenn

Thanks everyone. Here's how it went...

I'd hoped to get 4 peaks on the last 2 days of winter, and that's what I got.
Pierce, Eisenhower, and Jackson on the 1st day, 3/19.
On the 2nd day, 3/20, I climbed Cannon from the ski area via Kinsman Trail. I got back to the trailhead at 12:57PM, back to the car at 1:04, and was in the car at 1:12PM.
What if I'd locked my keys in the car and AAA couldn't get there to open the door until 1:27PM? Would Cannon still count for winter? AMC rules being so strict and all, maybe they don't consider the hike finished until the last step is taken: that step into the car. :D
I'm going to try to post some details in the trip report section now if I don't get sidetracked.

Make a note

MarkL said:
I'd hoped to get 4 peaks on the last 2 days of winter, and that's what I got.
Pierce, Eisenhower, and Jackson on the 1st day, 3/19.
On the 2nd day, 3/20, I climbed Cannon from the ski area via Kinsman Trail. I got back to the trailhead at 12:57PM, back to the car at 1:04, and was in the car at 1:12PM.
What if I'd locked my keys in the car and AAA couldn't get there to open the door until 1:27PM? Would Cannon still count for winter? AMC rules being so strict and all, maybe they don't consider the hike finished until the last step is taken: that step into the car. :D
I'm going to try to post some details in the trip report section now if I don't get sidetracked.
Congratulations!
As a general note to all who may be in a similar situation, if you do hike on the first/last day of winter, please make a note on the application as to your start/finish time so I know that you were aware of our "strict" rule about the solstice/equinox. Thanks.
PS Once you're at the trailhead, you're all set regardless of the state (or even presence :eek: ) of your car. We're not that strict.