Pottersville?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I cant help it. Every time I drive through it I yell:

Pottersville? You mean "Bedford falls":)

Maybe cause my name is "George" and my dog's name is "Bailey":rolleyes:

I also want to climb "Mount Bedford", with Violet Bick.:D

Now I have to go home and see the missus, cuz I'm a family man!;)

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel. I always think of "the Building and Loan"! I've been driving up through there since 1982 and you're the first person, besides myself that I've heard mention the connection!

You say its funny to drive through Pottersville? Imagine living their! :eek: My fathers best friend still owns the house right on the corner of rte 9

I never saw the movie or TV show that's giving rise to all the references, so I don't really know what this thread is about.

But Pottersville has many benefits:

The 24 hour gas station; coffee is so bitter that even the decaf would keep you awake for the rest of the drive.

The Wells House restaurant: great food, really classy.

The Pottersville Minerva road (connector to Gore). A nice quick run across that in the morning can bring breakfast up for a second tasting.

If you take that road, you get to take in Olmsteadville. Sadly now closed, the Owl at Twilight had great food. The Lucky Leprechaun has the best italian food in the region, a surprise given its overwhelming Irish theme. And it's family run; if you're lucky, you get to hear the kids crashing around upstairs while you dine.

TCD

"It's a wonderful life" another one of those movies when you see it come on you say "this one again?"... and then you have to sit down and watch till it's over!

we saw the 'Widow of Pottersville' once in the cemetery weeping over the grave marker of her clearly departed. She had bare feet, wore jeans and had long hair.:eek:

Your right Tom. It does has alot to offer. More than when I went to grade school at the now "Word of Life" school.

MtLady...are you referring to Mountainside? (school) If so when did you attend?

BlueBlaze, I went to Pottersville Central many years ago. From 1955 to 1962 the moved to Salem NY.

My father worked for Word of life for many years. Funny thing to hear all these stories of the towns I grew up in and havent been back too in years. Where was the public school. Its not where Minerva was in the 80's was it? Anyone that really knows Pottersville should know the name Paul Bubar. (my fathers very close friend) By the way...is the Black Bear diner still by the highway? Best breakfast around back in the day...

My father worked for Word of life for many years. Funny thing to hear all these stories of the towns I grew up in and havent been back too in years. Where was the public school. Its not where Minerva was in the 80's was it? Anyone that really knows Pottersville should know the name Paul Bubar. (my fathers very close friend) By the way...is the Black Bear diner still by the highway? Best breakfast around back in the day...
The BB was still there as of a year or so ago.

The Black Bear is still there. Been stopping there all my life on the way to camp in Minerva. Had breakfast there a short while back. Interesting place with a fine mix of locals and "passerbys." The bar is always hopping when I pass through on Friday evenings.

The Pottersville school is the Word of Life School now located just beyond the village heading to Olmsteadville. There is a playground across the street. There is another school just beyond Olmsteadville,,,Minerva School where my older brothers and sisters went to High School.