Printing Photos

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Looking to print some 8x10 hiking photos to cover up the bullet holes in my walls. Any recommendations on printer types/models? In my limited experience, HP blows Epson out of the water. Any other ideas?

For the semi-pros out there, how do you make your prints?

Surprisingly, I've found Walgreens makes excellent 8x10 glossy prints. I've find myself going back there instead of investing in a printer! :eek: I usually send them in online and pick them up later when I am driving by.

I use an online print service: mpix.com Very fast delivery, consistently good results, reasonable prices. I'm sure there are others that are good.

Surprisingly, I've found Walgreens makes excellent 8x10 glossy prints. I've find myself going back there instead of investing in a printer! :eek: I usually send them in online and pick them up later when I am driving by.
The 1 hour printing at places like Walgreens and Walmart have come a long way, IMO. We haven't had anything printed larger than 5x7, but the quality was good enough for me to dismiss the thought of replacing our 10 year old HP photo printer and just have them printed by someone else. We just don't print enough to make it worth spending $$$ on a nice printer and photo paper, and it's a lot less hassle.

We just don't print enough to make it worth spending $$$ on a nice printer and photo paper, and it's a lot less hassle.
I used to maintain a home photo printer, but I agree that in this day and age of easily available professional services it's not worth it for the casual user.

I also like Walgreens (better than Walmart) but more recently use Unique Photo in NJ. I'm not sure if they have other locations but their printing is better than Walgreens and even cheaper. I haven't used their delivery service but I too send them in on line and pick up a few hours later. It's a nice camera store with prices about the same as BH Photo in the city. I use to print photos at home but the price of ink and the hassle isn't worth it.