Proposed Mt. Greylock Resort

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ! I've heard other similar stories about that section of the river. What was the length on that ? My wife caught the largest pike "I've" ever caught at the north end of Lake George; didn't weigh it but the length was 36"...looked like an alligator coming up through the weeds !

Connecticut Freshwater Record Fish
Common Name Weight Location Caught Angler Year Caught

Brown Trout (Sea-run) 9 13 Housatonic River, Shelton Gerald Carden 1992

Northern Pike 29 0 Lake Lillinonah, Brookfield Joseph Nett 1980

She was 44" long. We took the Jon boat up this little tributary called the Hollenbeck River. We were only about 50 feet from the Housy when I cast a Mepps in front of a downed tree, saw her come out and nail it. I set the hook, and knew I was in trouble when I didn't even budge her with the set. She started taking line off the drag, and headed back under that tree. Knowing I would lose her under there, I tightened the drag as far as it would go, and bulled her to the boat, all the while hoping my tackle wouldn't snap from the strain:eek:. My friend netted her, and she thrashed around the bottom of the boat, the two of us with our feet up out of her way. She had some big sharp teeth showing. After calming down, I unhooked her, took some pics, gave her a Jimmy Houston kiss, and set her free to propagate!

29 lber! WOWSER! That's huge! I haven't fished in Conn. this year; out-of-state licenses are $80. There's also some great smallie fishing in that area! There was a 29 lber caught this winter here on Lake Onota!

As the article said, They need a developer with $44M. Commercial real estate isn't eaxactly booming these days.

The developer will likely want some type several year of tax break on the property (I assume the developer will own the land everything is built on - Conference Center, golf course, etc.) so your only Town revenue will be the room tax. If the developer doesn't own all the land & sells the Golf course property to a third party they will definitely want a tax break.

I'll plan on getting to Greylock soon (just in case - I prefer the Cheshire Harbor Approach which liekly will be impacted) but I won't hold my breath waiting for the project to be completed.

I'll plan on getting to Greylock soon (just in case - I prefer the Cheshire Harbor Approach which liekly will be impacted) but I won't hold my breath waiting for the project to be completed.

I'm not sure about that, Mike. The Cheshire Harbor Trail is not in the Glen property, even though it is on State land. The Thunderbolt is in the Glen, but there's another reason development might hit a snag. A lot of people would be dead set against anyone messing with the historic Thunderbolt!

Just what the world needs --- another "resort" where some semblance of wilderness used to be :(.

I'm not sure about that, Mike. The Cheshire Harbor Trail is not in the Glen property, even though it is on State land. The Thunderbolt is in the Glen, but there's another reason development might hit a snag. A lot of people would be dead set against anyone messing with the historic Thunderbolt!

I always thought though that any development there would make the private land more valuable & you'd have additional development as some of the private landowners would opt to leave. two reason people buy land in a place like that, a fairly quiet place to live/retire or a place to get relatively cheap land & hope it becomes more valauble before you retire.

I never thought the landowner who used to have the sign about limbo land was happy & wanted the ability to develop or sell to developers, I'll admit that most of my Greylock Glen news comes from VFTT & links attached to VFTT though:)

Last edited: