Quick, where to stay in Lincoln???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
Hello Folks,

I need some short order help. I'm headed to Lincoln tonight and realized I don't have a go-to place to stay in that neck of the woods.

I used to either sleep in the car, camp 1/4 mile up the trail or stay in a DOC cabin but none of those options will work this time, conveniently. I don't know of any hostels in the area so I thought I'd ask the experts...

thanks for the help!
spencer

Pemi Cabins

Spencer, I'm not sure what you want to spend but the Pemi Cabins are affordable, have fireplaces, and are pet friendly. Until Atticus and I moved up to Lincoln this is where we stayed every weekend we came north for two and a half years.

I second the nomination for Pemi Cabins, for all the same reasons.

You can camp at Hancock Campground, almost directly across the street from Lincoln Woods.
You can also buzz over Franconia Notch and hit the plethora of motels in Twin Mountain, thus avoiding the much higher ski-village prices in Lincoln. Johnsons is a favorite of mine up there.
I stayed at the Kancamagus Motor Lodge once, and that was fine. Right next door to the Common Man, which was nice!

Mt. Coolidge is our preferred place, on the old Route 3 in North Lincoln. Several eateries within walking distance.

Dennis has always been very accommodating to us, even before we learned that he grew up in the same New Jersey town as my father.