Quiet Water Rivers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentonfabrics

Reaction score
Can anyone help me I.D. some "quiet" river sections in NH? We've been paddling lakes this summer (did Pondicherry yesterday....awesome day!!) and I'd like to find sections of rivers in NH that can be paddled in either direction, even if only for a mile or two. Are there portions of the Baker or Pemi Rivers that allow bi-directional paddling?

I know of the Contoocook around Concord, and AMC's Quiet Water book points out the CT River in the North Country, but I'd like to discover some other gems, especially in the mountains.

thx in advance
bob

I am afraid to admit it but a few years ago the family went camping at "Jellystone Campground" just south of the Whites. We rented canoes for two of the days and paddled the Pemi- river both up and down stream from the campgound. I do not know if there is any public boat ramps in the area but I would persume yes since I did see the Marine Patrol once during our paddles. -brianW