Qwl's Head

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussL

Reaction score
I am looking for any info about a "shortcut" to Owl's Head summit between 13 Falls Campsite and the traditional trail up from Lincoln Brook trail.:confused:

Last edited:
The traditional path starts from the Lincoln Brook Trail. I know of hikers who bushwack from the Franconia Brook Trail, but there is no herd path or short cut that I have heard of.

When I was on the summit last year, there seemed to be a well trod path from the summit, angling north west. DOes anyone know if that path is obvious where it meets the Lincoln brook trail?

My impression was that there are many herd paths leading off the summit towards the east, but I doubt they maintain their integrity for very long.

-dave-

I was on the summit yesterday and followed a herd path N .1 miles until it petered out. There was a herd path E which I did not try.

Owls Head has been climbed (on skis) from the height of land on the Lincoln Brook Trail, and from near Hellgate Brook on the Franconia Brook Trail, but these were bushwhacks as far as I know.