Red Flag Weather

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breeze

Reaction score
In another thread yesterday evening I mentioned a heavy Helo in the Bethel area.

The Lewiston Sun Journal article explains....

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/oxford-hills/1177435

Maine Forest Service has been back for a fly-over this morning.

NWS has put up a Red Flag Warning for many areas of Maine.

Breeze

Thanks for posting this! 3rd day of warnings in southern nh. Woods around these parts are a tinder box,no shade from the hardwoods due to lack of leaves and dry wind really are a bad scene.Good time to give smokers flack.Feel like I am back in Cali with the dry air and fire threat..Hope Coos county stays moister so the Whites can avoid a repeat of 1908[?],which was a really bad fire year....

Thanks for posting this! 3rd day of warnings in southern nh. Woods around these parts are a tinder box,no shade from the hardwoods due to lack of leaves and dry wind really are a bad scene.Good time to give smokers flack.Feel like I am back in Cali with the dry air and fire threat..Hope Coos county stays moister so the Whites can avoid a repeat of 1908[?],which was a really bad fire year....
Ditto down here in SE NY. The air is very dry, and it is very windy. We had a pretty big fire a few years ago (3000 acres in Minnewaska) in April during these same conditions. The Weather Channel has been broadcasting warnings as well.