Russ, where are the goods?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Private powder stashes aren't spoken about on an open message board. They're discussed over beers at the bar.

too funny. I made that mistake once. After getting wind of a spot in VT, I ran into someone else a few weeks later and told him about this spot while at a party. I got a big glare and a "STFU". Oops!!

dug said:
too funny. I made that mistake once. After getting wind of a spot in VT, I ran into someone else a few weeks later and told him about this spot while at a party. I got a big glare and a "STFU". Oops!!

Sounds like you should have used your duct tape first! :rolleyes:

"Private powder stashes aren't spoken about on an open message board. They're discussed over beers at the bar."

Oh, I understand the perils of public posting. Which is why I will never give up the 700' wall we have been slowly putting routes on.

The purpose of my post was to invite Russ in and give him a forum. He is a big boy and they are his stashes, I'll let him choose what to share and not. And if he gives up one of fifty, it might encourage us to get out off the computer and onto the snow. There is no one hunting the goods more actively (in the area) than Russ and his enthusiasm is contagious and his finds inspiring. He has made me rethink my prejudices about skiing in the area.

Hopefully you and I will get that chance to share a few secrets and beers at a bar some day.

Jeff

Hey, I'm finally here!! Too much great skiing lately to use the computer for anything other than following the weather trends. My latest policy is to invite folks who would like to check out some good BC. It'd be hard to describe how to find it anyways. I will say however, that the Taconics are amazing and worth the effort to explore. Havn't been skunked yet!! If anyone wants to join me on some good BC give a shout. I usually experiance every kind of conditions and forest types imaginable, so come prepaired. I also tend to gravitate to steep and sometimes tight. Oh, and bring a headlamp with good batteries. We've got between 15-30" of powder. A couple dense layers burried in there. After this weekend's thaw I imagine tough conditions until new snows and then high avi conditions for a while.

*))
((*
*))
((*
*))

:D

Russ

Last edited: