Samsung TL500/EX1 first shots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
Wish I could tell you these were "straight from the camera." As always I can use whatever post-processing help I can get. Plus, the camera arrived with some sh*tty weather.

South Freeport post office.

p754265611-4.jpg

--

Skiff in the rain.

p584780259-4.jpg

Hope to post more soon!

I like the post office image but it lacks light. Bright light. I assume you intend it to be a study in B&W but what you have is varying shades of gray due to the lack of light. The upper corners fade away and I think you lose something there and the bottom needs cropping. It sounds like I'm saying a lot is wrong but that's not the case and I really like the composition. I think it just needs the right light.

The skiff shot has a great mood to it. The boat is nicely placed and positioned. A simple composition that creates a nice feel. I'd shave off a little of the sky and straighten out the horizon. Perhaps you can coax a little more texture out of the water.

JohnL

I like the post office image but it lacks light. Bright light. I assume you intend it to be a study in B&W but what you have is varying shades of gray due to the lack of light. The upper corners fade away and I think you lose something there and the bottom needs cropping. It sounds like I'm saying a lot is wrong but that's not the case and I really like the composition. I think it just needs the right light.

The skiff shot has a great mood to it. The boat is nicely placed and positioned. A simple composition that creates a nice feel. I'd shave off a little of the sky and straighten out the horizon. Perhaps you can coax a little more texture out of the water.

JohnL

Thanks for the critique, especially on the post office shot. Cropping and composition is difficult!

I adjusted levels on the post office shot and cropped out the bottom. Definitely a better image. I left the tinting and vignette. The camera has a built-in "smart filter" for vignette, but this vignette was added after the fact.

So here's the "after" shot. Some "straight from the camera" shots will be posted soon.

p843129032-3.jpg

Okay, here are some Samsung TL500 shots, right out of the camera. No Photoshopping! Just downsized for the Web. The camera really does allow for some very cool "onboard" manipulation of the images. A LOT of fun.

One caveat. As one reviewer (dpreview) says, metering is "unpredictable" and regular use of exposure compensation is required. Watch that histogram!

p1002442176-4.jpg

--

p1017132954-4.jpg

--

p1063866342-4.jpg

--

p1006570168-5.jpg

The gallery is here... still a work in progress.

nice

Love the look on all of the pics. It might not look 'real' but reality could be boring sometimes. Those shots are atmospheric and I like it.

Love the look on all of the pics. It might not look 'real' but reality could be boring sometimes. Those shots are atmospheric and I like it.

Thanks!

As I said, I am having fun with the in-camera manipulation... "Photo Styles" and "Smart Filters" primarily. Very cool, and I'm happy with the images.

But here are a few that are more realistic looking.

p544691108-4.jpg

--

p789481629-5.jpg

--

p639670958-5.jpg

No camera is perfect, and this one's certainly no exception. But I am really enjoying using it. Love the fast, wide angle lens. I am very much looking forward to taking it hiking!

Jonathan

I did something similar a few years ago with old car pictures

Beautiful gallery Brambor - outstanding. You have a great eye for the details.

Here are a couple more TL500 images. Both of these have been post-processed... minor tweaks to the first, desaturated, tinted, and added vignette to the second.

p175769480-5.jpg

----

p855776663-4.jpg