Saranac Lake accress?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul ron

Reaction score
The last week of Sept I'm heading up from NYC to kayak/camp on Saranac Lake, reserved an island spot for a week.

Since the storm has done so much damage to the roads in that area, will I have a problem getting to the Lake campground?

Are there alternate routes I can take to get there?

Any info on the campground or getting there is appreciated, thanks.

The last week of Sept I'm heading up from NYC to kayak/camp on Saranac Lake, reserved an island spot for a week.

Since the storm has done so much damage to the roads in that area, will I have a problem getting to the Lake campground?

Are there alternate routes I can take to get there?

Any info on the campground or getting there is appreciated, thanks.

By then, I'm sure the answer you get today will be different from the one you will get a few days before your trip.

By then, I'm sure the answer you get today will be different from the one you will get a few days before your trip.

I agree.

By the way, paul ron...how late into the year are reservations required for lake island campsites? I'm assuming you are staying on Lower Saranac Lake?

I agree.

By the way, paul ron...how late into the year are reservations required for lake island campsites? I'm assuming you are staying on Lower Saranac Lake?

I didn't make the reservations, my friend takes care of that. But the season goes into Oct...

http://newyorkstateparks.reserveame...oundSeasonDates.do?contractCode=NY&parkId=562

After seing the pictures, makes me wonder if they will be ready in just a few short week, especially with so much they have to deal with right now.

I know what I get today will be much different than the target date but it's always wise to think ahead incase repairs n access don't change much by then. we will call the camp anyway to be sure.

Spoke with a Ranger this morning who covers the Saranac Lakes...she said to be careful as Bear Season is soon (as indicated on another thread here somewhere)

My friend called the camp this week as well n they are open and even suggested going up one more exit on the Northway n come down that way to the camp. Otherwise no problems, we're good to go.