Sawyer River Road walk for Carrigain condition ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Mountaineer sells bikes?

If the road is as snowmobiled as it seems to be, you could probably ride it with standard 2.X ish tires frankly. Those super fat tire bikes are more for semi hardpacked snow it seems... I hear ya about the novelty of it, especially this winter.. :)

Jay

Road is all good; snow was mushy on Sunday 2/19 being in the sun all day coupled with the snowmobile traffic.

It was pretty cool seeing this guy biking up the road:
SAM_2153.JPG

He was fun to watch ride indeed. Were you in the group of five that was regrouping at the summer trailhead?

It was pretty cool seeing this guy biking up the road:
SAM_2153.JPG

fyi
Petch

Jill Homer rode this bike. (I'm pretty sure it is the Surly Pugsley, too.) Her book Ghost Trails was a good read. I used to occasionally read her blog while she was in Alaska. Not sure where she is now, but she still has a blog. http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/ I haven't followed it in years.

Gloves = "pogies" you can buy them for winter kayaking and they might actually be workable for flat bars... not sure about the drop bars but they might. I dont think they are tight enough not to handle the bend in the drop bars from where the hoods/brifters are..

Jay