seward, donalson, emmons 2/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twargo

Reaction score
We have a party of two for the sewards this weekend and are looking for more people. Just like the Valentine's Day Redfield march, we were hoping for a paved road to the summits.

Does anyone have any GPS data on these peaks? Any other valuable information would be greatly appreciated. We plan on going in through Calkins Brook.

Thank you,

tracy

My Birthday Present !

Twargo

Great and the weather looks warm and clear both Saterday and Sunday. A high bivi on Donaldson, then on to Emmons, Seward on Sunday. Can you get more of the adventure racing women to join us? I will try to get snowmobils out of Newton and will bring the sled.

Michael CM

Calkins Brook

The path begins at the obvious U turn before the pond on the road. Very good path for much of the way. When you hit the brook for the first time you cross there. We first lost the trail way up in an open blowdown area. All bets were off at that point. The summits were maked with red DEC trail makers. No signs. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi Tracy and Michael,

Here's the GPS beta you are looking for (WGS-84 Map Datum):

Emmons N44.1438 W074.2143
Donaldson N44.1540 W074.2116
Seward N44.1598 W074.1993

I'd love to join but I will be in the Santanonis this weekend!

Have fun! Good luck!

Emmons

For this range it's always about Emmons isn't it. Without it you're going back. 3 trips for me. Enjoy the road! New Paltz? Rockclimber?

Last edited: