Shrinkage!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Composite kayaks don't oil can, but you can simply put foam blocks whereever it gets in contact with the deck. It's just physics, spread out the force through as many points you can, rather than the typical 2. I use those pool noodles I find in peoples trash and you can cut them to fit.

Jay

Bean's changed their guidance.

teejay, you said:

"On another note, I recently bought a pair of L L Bean's Coastal Clogs, a Croc look-alike. The catalog said half-sizes should order up so I got a pair of 11's for my 10 1/2 feet. They were huge. I reordered a pair of 9's and they are still loose but a much better fit. I wonder if Bean expects that theirs might shrink and makes them extra large to start with."

I just looked at these on the llbean site, and they now say, "Half sizes, please order down." So they must have read your post!

crocs

According to their website, they are made from PCCR-a proprietary closed cell resin, so it seems you are close. They heat must cause the resin to shrink. Do they get hard as well? I've never had a pair, but everyone seems to rave about them.