Snow Conditions in Franconia / Twin Mountain area?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kltilton

Reaction score
North Conway, NH Avatar: Skiing on Ethan Pond Trai
Does anyone know what the "snowpack" is like in these areas at lower elevaions? I drove through there last weekend by the Gale River Rd. and the snow looked plentiful. Has much of it stuck around this week? I'd like to do some XC skiing this weekend. Thanks.

As of yesterday, there are lots of bare spots, along the Route 3 corridor from Franconia to Twin Mtn. The Gale River Road is closed, but there has been traffic through the gate. The road looked icy; not very good conditions for skiing.

:( I am in Bethlehem this AM and I am sad to report that it looks more like late spring than december- patches of corn snow on the golf course and out my door- when I drove through Franconia notch last night there was not full snow cover (it was dark but it looked very spotty) All the ski areas are reporting minimal terrain open- I'm heading over to Bretton woods to ski some runs so I will report on what the top of Crawford Notch looks like as well as Zealand road- My guess is that there is little if any terrain to cross country on- I am at 1,500 ft and my thermometer reads 41-