snow in the high peaks region?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiking morris

Reaction score
I'm going hiking around Keene and St-Hubert this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knows how much snow fell around there lately, since there was supposed to be a major snowstorm. Also, if they did get snow, what do you think it'll look like this weekend, especially at higher altitudes? I was planning on just bringing my microspikes? I'm a beginner when it comes to hiking at this time of the year! Thanks in advance.

I'm going hiking around Keene and St-Hubert this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knows how much snow fell around there lately, since there was supposed to be a major snowstorm. Also, if they did get snow, what do you think it'll look like this weekend, especially at higher altitudes? I was planning on just bringing my microspikes? I'm a beginner when it comes to hiking at this time of the year! Thanks in advance.

When you're finished with the wimpy ADKs, we have 20-27 inches of snow down here in the Catskills! :eek: :D

Snow in the ADK

Over a foot of snow and before that a ton of rain. I imagine with the 20 degree temps we've had there will be a lot of ice covered with a bunch of snow. I would definately bring crampons and lots of waterproof clothing. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow so I'm guessing the trails will be quite messy this weekend.

Keene and Keene Valley: about 1" (that is inch, not foot)
St Huberts: a little more but some of it has melted.
Lake Road: 1" to 3", most has already melted
Gill Brook cutoff trail: 3-5"
Mt Colvin trail intersection: about 6"
Colvin/Blake Ridge: 8-10" with knee-high drifts

You better bring snowshoes if you are going above 3000 feet.

See also for snow amounts in LP and Saranac Lake:

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/500613.html?nav=5005