Spring comes to NH?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trail Bandit

Reaction score
On Sunday Mary and I hiked up Mount Major and back down along Straight Back Ridge. The Mount Major trails were easy to find because they are all ribbons of ice. Straight Back was mostly clear but in places there were sections of snow. There were fresh bear tracks in a few places. It must be Spring.

Normally, I'm all for a long and snowy winter, but this year I can't wait for spring. Probably has to do with the fact that I've finished the Winter 46, and this year I have to pay for heating and plowing. Guess I must be getting old! Can't wait to run around in the woods with no snow on the ground, and warm temperatures though... :)

On Sunday Mary and I hiked up Mount Major and back down along Straight Back Ridge. The Mount Major trails were easy to find because they are all ribbons of ice. Straight Back was mostly clear but in places there were sections of snow. There were fresh bear tracks in a few places. It must be Spring.

Interesting, I was wondering what the trail conditions were like. I think I'll take a swing down there one of these days.

While there isn't an official place to measure snow in Lebanon, we've had 4 different days where a "trace" of snow has been measured. That means too little snow to measure. A trace can be a snowflake, or up to a dusting. So technically, there has been 0 inches this month in Lebanon. I wonder if there has ever been a February in recorded history where we get no accumulating snow?