Spring Fling

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for hosting caveman. It was great to meet everybody (and their parents....) The Bluffs and impromptu extras were great, added to the evening perfectly. A good time was had by all it's safe to say.

Next year I just need to remember to come packin!!! I wonder how leather chaps would look on the dance floor :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve for my first "Spring Fling"!! It was just what I needed! Sherpa, you impressed me! Great band, great music, great "shootin, great 'dancin, great spooning (did I say that?). Nice to meet new people (Mike H, Sue B, Neil, Freddie &Gail, Bubba, Jason, Father Arm). Where was Dr Wu???? I love you Mama. How long 'till Bearly Live????

Gris,
Hope you made it back safely? Great fun staying up all night? Who's mama's mild mannered sidekick? Can't wait for mama's encore :)

Yes, thanks Steve for having us (sorry forgot to give you some cash for the port-o-pooper) - always quite the time at your place! Mardi - nice pipes -what a treat to hear you sing! thanks to Sherp and the guys for letting me and others join in. Neil nice flute tootin'... Especially fun to have both Arms there!

Gris: yes, it was a highlight of the weekend for me to sit until the sun was high in the sky, singing and strumming with you, Mikey, and then Townie. Once the work is over, it's gold to enjoy the bonds of friendship that we have. Aw shucks, I'm getting all teary eyed. (oops, never mind. just gunk in my eye :rolleyes:)

Steve: you really know how to throw a party! Way cool to relax with you on Monday in front of the screen! Sweet!

Just looking at pics: wow - I had forgotten how many people were there!:eek:

Last edited:
I'm going to hit one of those gatherings real soon.

After seeing Neils pictures of the inferno site, I have to ask:

How many pallets were burned ?

Uhhh

Gris,
Hope you made it back safely? Great fun staying up all night? Who's mama's mild mannered sidekick? Can't wait for mama's encore :)
Yes, the four winds blew me safely home again.:D

Ma's mildmannered sidekick is someone named... well I really cant pronounce the way you yankees do - Laaaah-rah??? LOL :p

Next time we'll have to make a podium out of burning pallets and get Marc up there engulfed (briefly) by the inferno for a photo shoot. Now that would be hot stuff.

Stev-O how come one of everybody's elbows is bent to a ninety degree angle in that (excellent) pic of yours?

Close to 400. With the heat, residue was minimal. I'd venture that you would be hard pressed to find much of anything in the embers.

Ahh, actually over 400 pallets were burned along with other misc. wood lying around - and you are correct sir, there wasn't much to find in them there embers!

Ha! I noticed that too.
Check this one out. Same thing... something funny going on here. ;)

I think it's because you need the "right angle" to have a party?! :confused::D Ok enough stupid math jokes....back to the regularly scheduled program!

Excellent party... and some of us actually got in some NE hiking!! Started Thursday for the drive over... slid down slopes at Bromley on Friday and climbed up three (Pico, Snowdon and Killington) on Saturday... leisurely start and plenty of time to return to the party (no dressing up for this bonfire)!

Figure this out... I hit no less than three Irish bars - all in different towns while at Caveman's!?!

Steve, fun stuff and I saved your life Saturday (but you don't remember it)! Great music all over the place, lots of energy and the best people that NE can put together!!

I, too, look forward to the event and appreciate all that goes into it. For me that meant looking at just short of 1,200 miles on the trip-odometer!

Great fun meeting more new people and you'd think that I've met just about everyone by now!! The group keeps getting better. :cool:

Yes, it certainly was a fine time at your place, Steve! Thanks for everything, and for making the Bluffs so comfortable. Thanks also to my fellow Bluffs--you folks are a gas to make music with!

VFTT folks are a great crowd to play for, and that's a fact. You ain't holdin' nothin' back! :D

Thanks to all the guest musicians who added the spice of variety to the music, too. Mardi, thanks for giving me the pleasure of backing you up on such a beautiful song, which you sang so beautifully .

And the dancers, especially. The enthusiasm and enjoyment we see is what makes us play our best and have the most fun doing it.

What's new for BL 09? Guess you'll have to be there to find out!