St Lawrence River Trail..project

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider solo

Reaction score
Quebec
I was up north last week and there was an article about a project to get a river trail going on the south side of the St Laurent
Last year I was looking for info about the Kayaking the Whale Trail on the North side of the river so this was pretty exciting to see that there might be
a trail closer to the Gaspe or at least the Haute Gaspe.

It can get a bit confusing but a simpler way ( I hope) to understand it's location...
The North side of the Gaspe is the south shore of the St Lawrence.
The other shore of the river is just called the North Shore...where the whales are more predominate.
Okay ?
As the River gets closer and (wider) to the ocean it is refered to as the Lower or Bas-Saint -Laurent (Lawrence)

This water trail they are working on is refered to as La Route bleue...there was a nice photo of a couple of kayaks with the "windmils" of Cap Chat in the background..near as I can tell the section from Matane to Cap Chat might be the 1st segment.

If there are any "kayakistes" out there with more info or most anyone with better language skills than me (mine are pitiful) I would be most interested...it sounds pretty promising.

(I saw the article in the free paper called the Riverain..Dimanche 22 avril 2007) thanks

Last edited: