Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!! (aka party time!)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya, I am ready for the next par-tay!

Sherpa - make sure you set up a web-cam simulcast for the Bearly Live 07 event. I want to be able to watch it from HI.

Graveman - sure thing on the HI visit. I was psyched when people came to visit me before. It is cool for me to get out of work and have people to do stuff with. This is the view at my house. Should be good enough for ya. :D

Stev-o - sorry about spacing out on your name. Harpoon IPA is a hell'ofa drug.

Seema - give us a call, we have most weekends free since I am not quite walking yet. I don't leave until 1 May.

Big thanks again!

- darren

ps: Carmel and I started work on the left overs last night. We have a way to go. :rolleyes:

It had already been a long day when I left my house to pick up DougPaul and blew a head gasket on the ole (once) reliable 4Runner but we made it anyway and I was immediately reinvigorated by the gatherers and by over indulgence in the food and unabashed gluttony for bubba's brownies.

The band got better with every set and my favorite number was the Mad Townie and Alpinista Tom Petty duet ... I think Hot Donna choreographed it.

The event did wonders for Darren's leg as he variously used his crutch as a microphone, bass and guitar, then cashed it in for a bottle of tequila and three bottles of single malt scotch. When the host digs out his favorite cache you know it's a great time!

DougPaulepedia defined the ride home as a "bit disconcerting", I'd describe it more like white knuckle, but we made it safely and for me, deep in contentment over an enjoyable night with fine friends, old and new.

Okay I just got home!! Kidding... I downloaded the photos and had a busy day. On the way up I stopped in the Catskills and did a campus tour of UMass Amherst on the way home. Total miles 1136, and all worth the time to spend with our great group of special friends old and new!!

We are really getting spoiled lately. Great surroundings and a band that rocks all through the evening. We missed the band members that were not there, but nonetheless partied on!!

Carmel and SK did a great job getting this all organized and actually keeping it from Darren! Everyone actually behaved and little damage was done to Darren's place. While looking at the pictures note that this is also an artist gallery. It was fun to see Darren's work on display (he participates in a local artist tour).

Kodos to the hard work of Grey Knob and the Bluffs again. It really makes the party special. All of you work too hard making us happy! :D

NEXT??? Pix here

Hey fun party, too bad I couldn't make it. Glad to see the big smile on Darren's face, looks like party is the best medicine of all.

Looking forward to have the chance to party with all of you soon. (wink wink, Hawaii sounds good)

Finally recovered sufficiently to post...tho detox is still necessary…. :eek: :D

Awesome party! What a blast! It was so great to see so many of you again and meet a few new people – always a good time! :) And we were blown away by the band – fantastic – especially the classic acoustic rendition of Psycho Killers. Great job!

Many, many thanks to Carm and Sherpa for organizing this shindig. The best part is that Darren was as psyched to have us there as we were to be there. You da man, Poobah!

P.S. If the next party is multi-day event, I’ll have be a good girl and seriously rethink my alcohol consumption and bedtime. Whoa, did I suffer for that the next day! It was a good thing Mr. Periwinkle was at the wheel – I slept the whole way home. Yikes!

Roxanne and I had a great time at the party.
And Unfrozencaveman, I saw the Peeps sword fight and it was worth the drive there just for that, it was pretty funny!
What a great buch of people you all are!
Thanks for making us Canadians feel so welcome!
The music was great as well, you guys are really something!
Gail

Chiming in a little late here...

If I weren't such a selfish chica who wanted to spend HER birthday weekend at Stowe with her sweetie, I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!

That was about the only thing that would have kept me from celebrating the b-day of such a fine fellow. I'm so glad it worked out--kudos Carmel, I can only imagine how hard it was to keep it from him.

Great pics all--sorry to have missed out.

Bubba - great pix! I was laughing my butt off looking at them.

Yes, Donna, this is what you really look like:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rdhphotos/SurpriseOnDarren/photo#5046439679004418130

This one is classic:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rdhphotos/SurpriseOnDarren/photo#5046439833623240866

:)

Wow, Gail, you posted! Congrats! and big thaks to the two of you for coming all the way down from the great white north.

And one more time....it was NOT my birthday. My birthday is Sept 20, so you all owe me another party then. The party was my going away party because I am heading back to Hawaii on 1 May and will be there for another year. That means that I will be out there during my real birthday in September, so you all better start looking for airfare now.

:D

Aloha

- darren