Tecumseh 1/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
Yesterday Ray and I took advantage of the great weather and headed up to Waterville Valley to bag Tecumseh. We used the Mt. Tecumseh Trail and headed off at the fashionable hour of 9:30.

We put on our snowshoes immediately after the first two stream crossings, which was one right after the other. After getting into ur hiking pace we zipped off our pants and went to shorts for the rest of the climb.

We climbed down to Tecumseh Brook and up again, where the actual workout begins. It was such a trudge that we snapped into our elevators, which made the climb easier.

The snow was well packed and ridden with postholes in some sections. Ray's foot fell into a spruce trap, but no harm was done :)

There are views from the summit and heading up to the fork that you take going up the summit.

Our total time was four hours a personal record. I have fifteen more peaks left to do!

Thank you Ray for taking me hiking and for a great time (and good pizza :D)

Pix:http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562065254siElrA

Last edited:
Nicely done, guys. Hiking in shorts in January. Pretty strange, huh? Glad to see that Ray got reacquainted with another spruce trap. Guess he never listened to my advice and bought a spruce trap detector ;)

Congrats on notching another on your list, Clarke.
best regards,
marty

That was indeed a great hike, Clarke. I can still taste that pizza. As for spruce traps, shoulda' listened to Marty. He thinks of everything.

Best,
Ray

Hey, Brian,

It was one of those places along the strip in Lincoln. It had a cozy little cabin-like look. Sorry that i can't remember the exact name.

Best,
Ray