The Mt O-J-I Slip-'n-Slide - 8/13/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
On our first day of a great week at Baxter Bash we did Mt O-J-I. I used to be leery of trails over slides, but have become comfortable with them over time. I was expecting this one to be routine based on the trail description, but got a bit of a surprise. In the end though, it was a great day and all's well that ends well. Just a bit of a warm-up for the fun of the Knife Edge ahead...

Here's the whole tale: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-o-j-i-slip-n-slide.html

And the views from the slide that made it all worthwhile...

IMG_4186.JPG

Nice!

I've been waiting for these, looking forward to the rest! Glad you guys made it this year, looking forward already to next!

KDT

Mark,
An excellent hike! We've seen OJI from a distance but haven't hiked it (yet). Don't mind hiking on screes and slabs if they are nice and dry. I always use extreme caution if I come upon a wet slabby area; no boot can help you at that point. Great photo of you at the summit sign portraying your joy :). You really lucked out that you didn't have to double back from the summit.

Donna:)

Fun to relive an enjoyable hike through your photos. Our meeting you on the OJI summit was one of those happy accidents, as the company and conversation enlivened our walk out from the summit, which was longer than the hike up to it. I took a smaller number of photos of our hike.

Fun to relive an enjoyable hike through your photos. Our meeting you on the OJI summit was one of those happy accidents, as the company and conversation enlivened our walk out from the summit, which was longer than the hike up to it. I took a smaller number of photos of our hike.

Thanks Mike. A little slow getting back here since we just spent two more days in the mountains :) Really enjoyed your photos. Always like seeing a hike from someone else's perspective.