trail conditions on East Osceola from Greeley Ponds?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirabela

Reaction score
I was thinking of a quick out & back tomorrow from the Kanc. I've never done this route & I know it's said to be very steep and sometimes icy. Any sense of how things are in there right now? We have traction & are generally comfortable on winter trails, but don't want to go if it's going to be totally treacherous.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

Glad you asked, because my girlfriend and I are thinking of hitting Osceola from Tripoli Road tomorrow, as well. I'm expecting some amount of walking on Tripoli Road (if not, just as well), but other than that... don't know yet.

If you're hitting both summits, Mirabela, maybe I'll see you there :)

MadRiver just called from Tripoli Road and told me the North Slide on the Tripyramids was covered in ice. Take from that what you will -- I know you're talking about East Osceola, but, as you know, the Osceolas are close to the Tripyramids.

very steep trail,think hancocks,tougher then the ammo.IMHO.If you are doing both peaks maybe come up the other way if you are not looking for a crazy workout.Micros the way to go this time of year[maybe even bareboot it].

Thanks. I guess we'll go, taking traction, and hope it's OK. Obviously at least some ice is likely, given the pattern of sunny days and frigid nights.

There's a chance we'll continue on to Osceola proper, but that's not really the mission.

North Slide on the Tripyramids was covered in ice.

I was wondering about that when I read your plan involved the slides. Nice that there are alternatives on the Trip's.

Safe travels, all.