Trail Head Parking Courtesy?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwood

Reaction score
So, what is the courtesy rule for parking at trail head when there is very limited space? Maximize space for other hikers if available? A rule I try to follow. This is my thinking anyway and this may be more of a rant than anything. During a recent hike to Sugarloaf up Caribou Pond Road at the AT crossing where parking is at a premium to say the least, maybe room for about four vehicles if parked head on in the same direction as the at, north to south two vehicles were parked, one facing the "north/south" direction and the other parralell to the road taking up three spaces not allowing for anyone else to pull in. We ended up driving up past the AT crossing and findind a small turnout that we just barley able to get our vehicle off the road from being whacked by any passing cars. We even had to fold the outside mirror in!!!! So, I don't mind "padding" the daily mileage for a hike but is there not some kind of trail parking etiquette that should be followed?

OK, my rant is done..... :)

Redwood

Redwood said:
So, what is the courtesy rule for parking at trail head when there is very limited space?
Your rant is accepted!

Of course, people should park considerately. But do they always do so?

Noooooooo! :mad:

Ok, I'm done now too!