Trail to Seymour Skiable?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavis

Reaction score
Just wondering anyone has tried skiing out to Seymour. The last trail report suggested that the road was very icey but I wasn't sure about the other 4 miles to the herd path. I'm going to try and get Seymour this weekend, its number 46W.

Thanks
Mike

Just wondering anyone has tried skiing out to Seymour. The last trail report suggested that the road was very icey but I wasn't sure about the other 4 miles to the herd path. I'm going to try and get Seymour this weekend, its number 46W.

Thanks
Mike

Sorry I can't help with your question, but what a great place to finish...I loved Seymour last summer...must be pretty wicked in the winter. Good luck, and congrats in advance.

I guess it will depend on what weather we get before the weekend.
Right now it doesn't look too good. Make sure you have steel edges at least. It's a relatively easy ski to past Ward brook leanto though.
I'm considering leaving Seymour for last and skiing in. That won't be for a while ..... I still have 27 left. :)

Sorry I can't help with your question, but what a great place to finish...I loved Seymour last summer...must be pretty wicked in the winter. Good luck, and congrats in advance.
Double that.

As much as I like Seymour I don't seem to get there as much. I know the reason is because of the drive, it is the furthest trailhead from my house. The next time I go it will complete another round, if I go back the next day it will complete another.:eek::)

As of March 7 when I last visited Seymour (see posting by Kerry), it would have been marginally possible to ski; the road is a sheet of ice and the trail is snow/ice/rock. Snow out there was not as deep as usual this year. A group of three guys tried to ski, but got lost on the horse trail (camped in the hiking trail) and I think walked out in the rain.

Since then, weather has been mostly warm with little snow and more rain, so the trail would be worse, not better. From the summer trailhead there were lots of rocks sticking up on the trail and a few wet stream crossings.

It's only 23 miles round trip from the snowplow turnaround--walk, you'll get there in no time. If Cory says he is gonna bushwhack there, don't believe him.

Thanks. I'll leave the skis home.

I ordered some Microspikes. Sounds like they'll the most useful.

Thanks again!
Mike