Trailwrights' Remaining 2023 Work Schedule

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewster

Reaction score
Mark your calendars to include our workdays for the second half of the 2023 season. All meeting times are 8:30. Tools provided. In each case, wear sturdy boots, take the usual lunch, water, work gloves and bug spray. Contact Bruce at [email protected] for more details.

August 12 - Mt. Pemigewasset workday – We will continue the work from our last trip assisting the adopter with treadway improvements to include rock work and erosion control. Take I-93, Exit 34a, meet in the upper parking lot for the Flume Visitor Center.

September 16 - Mt. Sugarloaf from Zealand Road (FR16). We will assist the trail adopter with various treadway improvements and erosion control. We will meet in the parking lot just before the Trestle trailhead off Zealand Road.

September 30 - Mt. Sugarloaf from Zealand Road (FR16). We will continue the work started on our last trip assisting the trail adopter with various treadway improvements and erosion control. We will meet in the parking lot just before the Trestle trailhead.

October 14 – Artist Bluff/Bald Mt. – The work will primarily be rock work, treadway improvement and drainage. Take I-93 Exit 34C, turn left onto Rt 18, we will meet in the large parking lot up on the right.

October 21 – Artist Bluff/Bald Mt. – Our annual fall cleanup to include erosion control and treadway improvement. Take I-93 Exit 34C, turn left onto Rt 18, we will meet in the large parking lot up on the right.

November 4 - Fox Forest, Hillsboro - Clearing trails from downed trees, brushing back encroaching vegetation and drainage. Meet at the Fox Forest HQ at 8:30.

Last edited:
I appreciate and applaud all the trail work done by the Trailwrights. Artists Bluff, Sugarloaf, and Pemigewasset are all high use areas and will need continued attention to remain viable. I am not familiar with Fox Forest. Thanks to all.