trouble with Trail Journals dot com?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
I seem to have some sort of issue with Fairpoint and getting onto trailjournals.com
I keep getting errors and my DSL can't 'find the server' is the most common one.

Fairly sure it is not a setting on my computers, as I have the same issue on two laptops and my iPhone from my home.

When I am away from home all is fine, everything seems to be able to find the site great.

I have been emailing back and forth with someone at TJ directly and they have been great trying to resolve it, but it doesn't seem to be on thir end.

Fairpoint seems to do 'something' and it works for a day or two every time I contact them, then I get errors again.
I have no idea what Fairpoint does, as I have not been able to get through to a human on the phone, and when I email all I get back is an email with the word 'test' on it.

Then it is fixed for a day or two at best. Then we go through this again.

So, has anyone else with Fairpoint experienced this problem?
I am trying to follow a friend on his AT travels and this is making it not so much fun...
For me anyway, he is having a blast and seems to be doing great!

Thanks.

I use Fairpoint and can currently access the trailjournal site. That being said, I have had lots of issues over the past 2 years and just had a service call where they changed a few things on the connection outside my house and on the pole. It's been good for 5 days now.

I have had to reset my router and modem way to many times for my taste since Fairpoint took over.

If you are able to access other web sites, this could be a problem with the DNS server(s) for trailjournals.com. DNS problems can have strange manifestations, making the site visible through some networks and not through others.

In fact, several DNS tests I tried all indicate configuration problems with trailjournals.com Here is one of the tests:

http://dnscheck.pingdom.com/?domain=trailjournals.com

In some cases, you can use the direct IP address to bypass the DNS server and view the site directly, but this doesn't seem to be working in this case:

http://204.8.46.82/

Trailjournals.com needs to get their DNS server configured properly.