Tuckerman Ravine Peak Foliage 10/5/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
IMG2841-L.jpg

Foliage hikes have been at a premium so far this year, so I was glad when I was able to get out to the whites last Friday for a spectacular trip to Tucks. The foliage is peaking in most of the white mtns right now, and its as red as I have ever seen it. We took the super scenic route up the Kanc to Bear Notch Rd, to 302 and up Rt 16. In my opinion, foliage along Rt 112/Kanc is as good as I've ever seen it. Here is one pic I was able to grab while driving, near Kinsman Notch.

IMG2817-L.jpg

Pinkhams foliage wasn't quite as vibrant as along the Kanc or Bear Notch rd, but it was still amazing. What a year it has been for the leaf peepers.

IMG2824-L.jpg

The trip happened by chance: I was a chaperone for a student who needed a little extra help getting to Hermit Lakes, and possibly the bowl if he was feeling good, and time allowed. Fine by me-more time for pictures!

Golden colors along the lower section of Tuckerman Rav trail
IMG2828-L.jpg

IMG2847-L.jpg

Almost there, some really bright colors looking back
IMG2854-L.jpg

First really good view
IMG2855-L.jpg

We had a short lunch at Hermit Lakes, and then pushed on for a bit, till it was time to turn around.

looking back
IMG2876-L.jpg

water was flowing Friday
IMG2901-L.jpg

I've now seen Tucks three colors, green, white, and golden.
IMG2937-L.jpg

IMG2941-L.jpg

IMG2955-L.jpg

cont in a min

I made quick time back to the lodge, then I took a quick detour down to Hermit Lake. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who takes pictures down there....I never see them online anywhere.

IMG2974-L.jpg

I'll have to come back when the sun isn't shining in my way...
IMG2975-L.jpg

Time passed fairly quickly as I made my way down the trail, and before I knew it-I was at Crystal Cascades

IMG2990-XL.jpg

We had some time to pass before the rest of the class got back (they had gone all the way up to the top of the ravine), so I was busy snapping away...
IMG3000-L.jpg

IMG3007-L.jpg

IMG3012-L.jpg

IMG3024-L.jpg

Even on the drive home, I was able to snap a few neat ones while the car was moving...

IMG3030-L.jpg

Peakbaggers may like this one

IMG3054-L.jpg

One more for the road...
IMG3056-L.jpg

Hope you liked!
http://grouseking.smugmug.com/New-H...avine/25771530_4mCsv6#!i=2131948630&k=NvHbdfV