Umbagog Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonewandering

Reaction score
Hello --
Long time luker here.......

I have Site 28 On Umbagog booked coming up and do not want to paddle all the way up from the campground, if I can help it. My question is: Overnight parking at the Errol Dam on the Androscoggin, Is it the best put in place, is it safe for the most part ?

Thank you in advance
E.

You can put in on the Androscoggin from Route 16 just north of Errol.
Paddle upstream (very little current here) and you will soon come to the lake.

You can also park at the NWR office just north on Rt 16. It adds a few miles of nice downstream paddling at the start, but those miles upstream at the end might be a little painful. I've seen cars parked at both places overnight.

-dave-

Or, if you're lazy, feel like bringing lots of tasty beverages, and/or want to save your energy for exporing the lake itself, you can always book a transport (via pontoon boat) out to your site by calling the campground ;)

We were just up there two weeks ago - lots of critter sightings - have a great trip!

Thanks for your replies...

We ended up parking at the dam no problems two nigths, the coulpe we went with arrived at a different time and could not find the dam parking so they parked along 16 just north of the dam and had no problems... Great weekend, Great site, 3 Moose, 3 Eagles tons of loons, lots of fish(no keepers) great weather. Now how do I get paid to do this?
Thanks again,
E.