Vermont Open

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with the ATC representative there, and then with some GMC trail crew folks. The "reopened" trail is now a significant roadwalk, but they said it should be back to trail pretty quickly next summer. I guess the Governor Clement area took some hard damage from the rains.
I met a thru-hiker who did the whole "closed" section as it wasn't posted, there's a place S of Gov.C where the trail washed away which he thought was OK to skirt but I think the designated roadwalk is long overdue given the approaching end of AT season.

Got a message from the GMC yesterday that Forest Road 10 is open from the Londonderry/Landgrove side (access to Little Rock Pond).

Also noted, Monday The Emily Proctor Trail was closed. The forest roads in the area have been repaired for the most part, however, there is still alot of work and heavey equipment in the roads.

Reviving an old thread...
Does anyone know if the Long Trail is open from (Lower) Cold River Road north to the Gov Clement Shelter? Or is it still posted as a roadwalk detour? This is about 5 - 7 miles south of Killington Peak.

I was on (Lower) Cold River Road on May 25, 2012 and it was posted "Temporary Relocation Hurricane Irene Long Trail / Appalachian Trail Cold River Rd to Clement Shelter Rd" with directions for 2.4 miles of roadwalk along Wilmouth Hill and Gilman Rd etc.

Thanks.
Steve

IMG_3147a.jpg

Last edited: