Vision is a wonderful thing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
I had asked previously about Lasik and hiking and very much appreciated the responses. I get out hiking and/or trail work several times a week and was interested in the down time.

The process is to keep contacts out prior to the screening test to see if you are a candidate. For me that meant 5 days – three of those I was out hiking. It had been 10 years since I hiked with glasses and the refresher of fogging, freezing, not seeing with them off, sliding down the nose, etc. was the worst part in my opinion. The screening test was Wednesday, the surgery Friday, my first hike was Monday.

I followed a packed out trail up and went slow enough to prevent sweat getting into the eyes. I wore a pair of wrap around type sunglasses included with the procedure and enjoyed the snow squall, the sparkle of the sun on the snow, and being back in the forest. I found an unbroken route and headed back down. I am more than pleased.

That is AWESOME to hear!!

One day I will too join you in my shedding of contacts and glasses.

biggthumpup.gif

Great to hear you're pleased with the outcome. I've had one eye done with LASEK and am getting the other done on Jan. 25th. I can't wait.

Thanks again for the replies - here and in private. I was hiking again yesterday enjoying the waning moments of autumn and enthralled with my decision to have this done.

Lawn Sale: In the previous post I mentioned at the beginning is comments by others who have longer experience. Everyone will probably be different. But I found no discomfort at all, either with the surgery or after, and the only thing I experience now is glow around lights at night which seems to lessen each night. I go for my one week exam tomorrow but my exam the day after the surgery revealed 20/15 vision (which is better than 20/20).

Hiking with contacts is a plus but this is 100% better!

Lawn Sale said:
I am very interested, any side effects?

My wife has had to use prescription eye drops off and on because of dry eyes since having it done (about 4 years ago). We assume it is because of the Lasik, but could be unrelated I guess.