Waumbek on 1-12-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine Chris

Reaction score
Trails- Mt. Starr King Tr to Mt. Starr King and Mt. Waumbek and beyond to blow down view to Presi's
Date: 1-12-13
Trail Conditions: Way up- nice snowshoe track in bear boots/spikes- heavy laden branches up in fir section with alot of melting/dripping/falling snow clumps/ between summits was soft so put on snowshoes and kept on for rest of hike. Way down was softer and required snowshoes to not punch through. Some rocks starting to show through on lower section of trail. One double trunked tree near summit of Starr King fell across the trail after we went by and before we came back through. It would have seriously injured someone if it had fallen on them. Easy to get around (about 6 inches diameter).
Special Equipement: Snow shoes much needed today to not ruin the trails!
Comments: Damp day out today with Dave Bear and Thor. We all needed this summit. Number 8 of 48 winter for me. Dave is closing in on his winter list (7 to go I think). Thor needs 10? more for his overall 48 list. Went through several pair of gloves today and my shell was soaked. Still a fun day out! Saw 2 solos, 1 couple and a group of barebooters with no showshoes numbering around 8 who came through later in the day. Frown. Hope they don't post hole the trail up too much.

Sunshine Chris
[email protected]