Weather/Presi's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaTom

Reaction score
We have plans to hike the Presi's on Monday in one day but there is not single weather site that tells me this is a plan worth keeping. Looks like Monday's weather will be a wet one but also a threat of lightning which ultimately is the deal breaker. :(

"The responsibility of calling off a hike is always a painful one, yet rewarding because at the end of the day, you know it was the right decision."

SherpaTom

Was listening to a meteorologist on NPR the other day who said the jetstream was in a winter pattern, rather than the usual summer pattern, and as a result, we're getting lots of moisture and warm, moist air in the Northeast.

The long-range forecasts indicate the weather might be cooler/dryer towards the end of the week, but ... who knows? I'll be in Iowa next week (RAGBRAI) and the weather there - normally hot, sunny and very humid - is likely to be more temperate than New England. Go figure.

Was listening to a meteorologist on NPR the other day who said the jetstream was in a winter pattern, rather than the usual summer pattern, and as a result, we're getting lots of moisture and warm, moist air in the Northeast.

I think this is my fault-- happens every summer I plan to hike a lot in New England!

I'm going to give the Presis a shot this coming weekend, when the forecast is slightly better. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Kind of a pain in the rear, huh?