What are these? Paintballs? Alien Eggs?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrichard

Reaction score
I found these by a southern NH trail. They are round, about the size of a small superball, and in a bright yellow shell. They look manufactured.

I thought they were paintballs, but they seemed to be filled with a clear-ish fluid, not a bright yellow paint.

Any ideas?

What did they taste like--lemons?

That's odd.....I hope someone can identify them.....

I agree with NH_mtn_hiker. They are way to big for airsoft balls. They look to be exactly what he said. 68 cal paint balls.

They usually degrade fairly quickly.

Keith

The paint was probably dilluted from soaking up water, they look a little misshapen. The shells are water soluable and will actually expand if dropped in water. I've seen them get as large as a golf ball when left for a while in a puddle, the shell gets clear and flexible like a little water balloon, they even bounce at that point. (If you don't toss them too hard.)

I should mention as a sidebar that I have seen certain mushrooms that look remarkably like these also. Maybe just not quite as shiny or as smooth. Same size and shape and color. Just not as glossy.

Keith

SAR-EMT40 said:
I should mention as a sidebar that I have seen certain mushrooms that look remarkably like these also. Maybe just not quite as shiny or as smooth. Same size and shape and color. Just not as glossy.Keith

That's exactly what I thought. But mushrooms usually have spores. And there were too many that were virtually identical in shape, size, and color and I figured they were bigger than I've seen before (bloated - according to jbrown) although I last saw paintballs in the mid 90s and I guess they were of a smaller caliber. I was also thrown off by the lack of paint inside. But perhaps the paint coated the gel container.

I'm kinda bumbed that no one positively identified them as alien eggs though. :cool: