What to eat for breakfast?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another aspect of what you eat relates to your level of fitness. Years ago there was a fellow on PBS named Covert Bailey. His studies concluded if you were fit and ate a snickers bar, it went into your quads. If you were not fit it went to your left hip. He found your body prepares its self for what you regularly do.

All this said....stay fit and eat well so you can be bad after the hike.

His studies concluded if you were fit and ate a snickers bar, it went into your quads. If you were not fit it went to your left hip.

Did he say where Kit Kat bars go? (I loves me the Kit Kat.)

I thought it was the spandex bike shortz that made my butt look big, but now I'm wondering if it might be the Kit Kats. ;)

"Gimme a break...gimme a break..."

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Basically I like to eat and enjoy variety as long as nothing is extreem but you have to keep in mind maximizing my performace is low on my list.

Having said that peanut butter & jam sandwiches seem like perfect food anytime. Carbs. fat & protean. Serious.

Last edited:
I pick up a breakfast sandwich and a coffee roll at Dunkin close to where I'm hitting the trail. The oatmeal I had when I left home is too far in my past by then.

Every morning, hiking or not, I eat a big bowl of wheat cereal with milk, a banana, 3-4 eggs, 2 slice of whole wheat bread (no butter or marg.)