White gas stoves

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rick,
get a coleman peak one stove at REI for 64 bucks, or 52 at the next sale. I had my last one for 20 years. It's one piece, no hooking up a fuel bottle, and the thing is totally reliable, and about half or a third the price of those other stoves.

How much $ is the fuel for something like that and what is the combined weight? I've never used a canister stove. Only my simmer lite and alcohol. White gas and alcohol are cheap.

One problem with the Peak 1 is that the little metal feet bend fairly easily.

Doug

They are also heavy, but very handy to have when the power is out! (used outside)
Everything from simmer to full power is very easily adjustable.

You know you're getting old when...

You Google your Coleman Camp Stove 508 and it only shows up on Ebay and in antique collections. :eek: Oh well, still not as old as my 8R's. The Coleman 508 is probably 20 years old. It appears to have the same burner as the Peak series. It spits and sputters for a bit after pumping and lighting, but once it's warmed up, it's been a great stove for car and boat camping. MUCH quieter than the Primus or Optimus, can simmer and has never needed any service. I'm sure the same burner in a lighter package would be good for backpacking.