Wild

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link Bob. This is something that has been in the works for quite a while; it's exciting to see it coming closer to reality. I would urge folks who use or who would use these areas to submit comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions really do count in the public comment process.

I would urge folks who use or who would use these areas to submit comments.
Yup, ..... Will do.

Thanks for posting this afka_bob. Haven't seen ya around much lately ...... hope all is well.

The Wild River Valley would make a wonderful Wilderness Area, with the exception that there are some crucially important bridges that need to be kept and maintained... I hope they keep that in mind when the draw the boundaries.
:)

Sounds like the Forest Service is going with alternative #2. It was nice of them to allow Jeb to let the cat out of the bag before printing of the draft EIS. You can find the details of the forest plan at www.fs.fed.us/r9/white Comments should be directed to WMNF Planning Team. It will be quite awile before Congress has to deal with it.

Hey, Jack W.: Did we have any money wagered on this? Pay up!

Last edited:
Stopher,

I think I had Alt 1 for the bet. If they do take Alt 2, I'll be happy to pay up. BTW, the NH Natural Heritage folks have created a brochure and map of Franconia Ridge. They name Mt Truman on that map.

Jack:

Cool! That's a real find! I'll be sure to get a copy. Thanks. I'll even let you off the hook for the bet.