WingFoot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstrider

Reaction score
How many of the readership out there are alumni of Wingfoots website- in other words- been blocked from TrailPlace?

Happy Trails ;)

I have nothing nice to say about trailplace, so I am not saying anything at all.

While hiking down south on the AT the last two weeks, there was a freqent register writer that was signing his rather satirical work as "wingfoot". It was definitely directed as a general rant towards wingfoot.

Seperating his personality and website from his trailguide, I have always used his trailguide, although the most recent revision where he basically uses dataguide info with asterixes to his commentary I feel is a step down.

Wingnut

I have found him to be a self-aggrandizing, narrow-minded a++hole, and have no use for his site.

He attempts to increase his "membership" by forcing you to register simply to READ posts, and routinely kicks people off the site for simply disagreeing with him.

The back of his book proclaims himself "THE expert on the AT", just to clue you in as to the magnitude of his bloated ego.

There are many other AT websites which are far more useful, minus the negativity and childish tactics.