Winter 46ers on Allen mtn

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rejean

Reaction score
Saturday january 31, Danny completed this winter list on Allen mtn.

Congrats Danny and welcome in the club of the winter 46ers.

We where a very bing group of 13 hikers (Pin Pin,Danny,Karl,Suzie,Genevieve,
Remy,Eric,Eric,Serge,Jean,Robert,Yvon and my self. We started at 8:00 am
and it was a very touch hike for only one summit. Lots of snow and we where
the first to use that trail since a very long time. We lost the trail but Pin Pin
managed to get us on track very fast each time (99th time on Allen).

The slide has lots of snow and it was hard to pack the trail. After the
slide it was still very hard to advanced. We reach the summit just
before 5:00 pm and we where all very happy and a bit tired. 10 of us
made it to the summit.

After a short party at the summit (share a beer and Danny find the club patch
on the summit sign) we headed down. It was a fast descend and more fun sliding with the snowshoes.

Robert, Pin Pin and Serge where the first to finish at 8:30 pm, I finished
at 9:00 pm. The rest of the team finished a bit after.

Unfortunathly Yvon,Eric and Eric had to turn back before the slide and
I hope they return at home safe.

After the hike I was tired but not exhausted, yesterday it was another
story soo I don't hike and return home and watch the Steeleers win the
superbowl.....

Always a long hard day. I finished my W46 there as well, so congrats to Danny, and everyone else who gave it an attempt!

I am OK Réjean.
Yes it was a tough day, and I am not very happy about my result. :mad: I realy wanted Allen on that day. I am disappointed but not discouraged, because it was very difficult and I was tired before it started.
The previous night I did not had a good sleep, I almost did not sleep because I had not stopped turning.
But I am very pleased to have participated in this group effort.
Congratulation Danny, and Bravo to all 10.

Allen will see me again and maybe soon. :)

Yvon,
it's very tough to make 6am starts when you have a job, a family, a partner, a life to keep in balance. There are times when the stars just don't line up and you have to struggle to keep upright.

So, don't feel bad. You had to make a move (turning back) or you would lost your balance and taken a spill.

Yvon,
it's very tough to make 6am starts when you have a job, a family, a partner, a life to keep in balance. There are times when the stars just don't line up and you have to struggle to keep upright.

So, don't feel bad. You had to make a move (turning back) or you would lost your balance and taken a spill.

Good point Neil, and the mtn will still be there for another attemp. Now the
trail is in good condition until next snow.:)

Yvon,

Good point Neil, and the mtn will still be there for another attemp. Now the
trail is in good condition until next snow.:)

Thank you guys.

I am OK Réjean.
Yes it was a tough day, and I am not very happy about my result. :mad: I realy wanted Allen on that day. I am disappointed but not discouraged, because it was very difficult and I was tired before it started.

Hey yvon,

I often have grand plans for a weekend but don't get a dudelisquat accomplished. Some peaks have required four or five attempts.....keep batting....you'll get a home run eventually....the more attempts the sweeter the victory:)

I know what you guys telling me and I say that to all those who do not reach their goal.
I always find a positive side and I'm always learning something every time I have to return without reaching the summit for any reason. And I often had to return 3 times to reach the summit. And this case is not different than the others. I spent a beautiful day, I lived a great experience, I learned things about myself as much on others and on hiking. Like I said, I am disappointed but not discouraged. But I am disappointed and for me it is good that I am like that. :)

W:Congratulations Danny!

Yvon, one need to be strong to turned back. Because you decided not to risk being a burden to the rest of the group the gang was able to reach the summit of Allen without worries. Bravo Yvon.

Christine