WITH PIPE & BOOK is closing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond

Reaction score
My gut is telling me no... but my gut is also very
Good-bye, classic Lake Placid rainy-day diversion. The Turners are retiring. On Monday, everything but tobacco-related items was 50% off. Not sure when the last day is, but the sign on the door said the store would be open Thursday, July 16 (too late for that now; sorry about that); Friday, July 17; and Saturday, July 18.

I didn’t see any up-to-date guide books, by the way, but there was plenty of old stuff, of course, including some apparently complete collections of Adirondac for $100. Or maybe those would now be $50. Lots of Appalachias, too. Thinking about it now, I wish I’d looked more closely at them.

Sorry to see this...although they've been saying it for a couple years now. Is it for real? Ever since we started visiting L.P. back in the mid-80's I have always made it a point to go in there and pick up some reading material...and I just love the smells in there. :)

Sorry to see this...although they've been saying it for a couple years now. Is it for real? Ever since we started visiting L.P. back in the mid-80's I have always made it a point to go in there and pick up some reading material...and I just love the smells in there. :)

What he said!:D

Yeah, ...... Carla and I always spent time and money in there on every trip to LP. Sorry to hear they are closing.

With Pipe & Book has long been one of my favorite places and best reasons to visit Lake Placid. Sad to see it go, but the owners certainly have earned their retirement. May they enjoy their "new life" fully.

G.

Bummer, I love that store. I picked up a couple of first print classic ADK books in there. I don't smoke pipes, but I love the smell in humidor. Reminded me of my long deceased un pépère (god rest his sole).

All good things must pass.I wish the Turners well in retirement.

This is really sad. I also love that store, and have many happy childhood memories of spending hours in their looking though books and enjoying the fresh pipe-tobacco smell.

RIP With Pipe and Book!

I'm very sorry to see it close. I loved the books and the dog, but can't say I liked the smells in there.:rolleyes:

They've been trying to go out of business for several years now. I think they want to finish selling off all of their stock before they actually do close... given the number of books left on their shelves still, it could be a few more years before this actually happens.