WMG Redlining finish

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardsgirl

Reaction score
FYI, I finished hiking all the trails in the White Mountain Guide today on Old Summer Club Trail.
Also finished the 52WAV and T25 by default.
40 years of hiking, 30 years as a trail maintainer, it is a privilege to be able to spend so much time walking the trails of our forest.

FYI, I finished hiking all the trails in the White Mountain Guide today on Old Summer Club Trail.
Also finished the 52WAV and T25 by default.
40 years of hiking, 30 years as a trail maintainer, it is a privilege to be able to spend so much time walking the trails of our forest.
That's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations! Now, do them all in each month of the year🤣

You go girl! That is an awesome achievement. And thank you for your trail maintenance work as well. Some hikers might think the trails are self-maintaining which they certainly are not. Spend a day wading through the brush on a poorly maintained trail and you will gain appreciation for the efforts of these volunteers.

Congratulations - that's an amazing achievement. :)

I am curious - what were some of your favorite trails that fall off the beaten path?
I think my favorite trail is Mt. Eisenhower Trail.

When I tell people that, they usually agree, thinking I mean Edmands Path. But, no! Mt. Eisenhower Trail rises from the "Bermuda Triangle" of the Whites, that weird area at the base of Oakes Gulf, where many trails converge, and tops out in the col between Eisenhower and Franklin. It is very picturesque and nice and mossy underfoot.

Other favorites are Pine Mountain Trail, Black Mountain Trail (near Moosilauke), Five Finger Point Trail (Squam Lake), Kelly Trail, Burnt Mill Brook Trail, Falls in the River Trail.... too many to name!

Definitely a more obscure list of favorites that will drive many to get out their AMC guides ;) . I am disappointed that you didn't include Ice Gulch, for most folks they either love it or really hate it.

Definitely a more obscure list of favorites that will drive many to get out their AMC guides ;) . I am disappointed that you didn't include Ice Gulch, for most folks they either love it or really hate it.
I loved the Ice Gulch for the fact that I saw 4 bears (a mom and 2 cubs, then another adult one mile later) on Ice Gulch Path! Very cool! But probably not a typical experience :rolleyes:

Congrats, wardsgirl. From someone who keeps track but is unlikely to finish, that's a lot of miles in a lot of far-off places, all fun to research and fun to explore.