Woods mosquito headnet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelfiverbbery

Reaction score
A while back I bought a very nice mosquito headnet from Woods a Company that is no longer in business.

What is your favorite head net?

Personally, I can't stand them; maybe if mosquitos bothered me more, I would learn to like that claustrophobic feeling! :D

I developed immunity over the years and their bites don't swell or itch. Plus, I love DEET.

I find that when the black flies are swarming AND biting, then it doesn't matter who makes the head net - as long as I remembered to bring it, I'm happy.

I'd also seen them at Walmart.

Audrey's comment on immunity jogged my memory - when I spent the better part of last summer in the Oregon Cascades, the mosquitoes were fierce, so bad during early July you'd inhale a few, particularly in the morning when they first came out around 7AM. DEET helped, but only so much. Funny thing is - the bites didn't itch. Or at least for the first 10 days, and then - zowie, did they ever! Couldn't figure it out until someone (happened to be an MD) mentioned that my body needed a week or two to build up antibodies as it must not have ever "seen" this particular variety before. Once the antibodies came up to speed they itched like every other mosquito bite I've even had.

Last edited: